Check here weekly to see our District RISE to meet our goals.
|Why these Goals?||Distinguished Clubs||Membership Growth||Club Growth|
A healthy District can serve it’s clubs and members, and sustain great educational programs in the future.
Toastmasters International sets District goals based on what truly makes a successful and sustainable District.
When a District has consistent growth, members have greater opportunities to stretch and grow excellent communication and leadership skills.
A healthy District has members who are growing and learning, through clubs who are holding value packed, fun, quality meetings, equipping their leaders, and taking care of their team.
To qualify for the Distinguished Club Program, by June 30th a club must have either 20 members, or (for lower member clubs) 5 more members than it’s July 1st base, whichever is less.
5 points = Distinguished
7 points = Select Distinguished
9 points = Presidents Distinguished
More members in your club = more funds to sustain your team and more hands to provide quality meetings for your members.
It gives your members greater opportunities to grow leadership and mentoring skills, which are vital to our local businesses and the community your club serves.
For our District, more member payments = more funds to provide valuable programs, incentives and learning opportunities.
More members keep our programs fun and our budget balanced.
Each year, we lose a handful of clubs that have stopped being relevant in their community or to their members.
To remain strong and relevant to our communities, we need a variety of healthy, strong clubs that serve the needs of different people.
•Community based clubs (professionals, social, morning, lunch, evening, ESL …)
•Specialty clubs (authors, professional speakers, accountants, realtors, faith based, humour, entrepreneur, university …)
•Advanced Clubs of all different focuses
New clubs boost energy in our District and create Leadership opportunities both inside and outside that club.
- Unpaid clubs not included = 6
- Low member clubs (below 8) not included = 11
- Total Chartered Clubs currently meeting in District 21 = 160.
- Current number of paid members in District 21 = 2163.
Are all your members paid? Have their dues been registered with Toastmasters International? If you aren't sure or would like help with this, contact
, LGM at 778-668-8805.
With 2-1/2 months left in the current Toastmasters year, we still have a good chance at being a Distinguished District. Here's what you can do:
- Call your club's "graced" members (did not renew April 1st) from your roster. Discover why they are not coming to meetings. If your club is no longer the best fit, help them find the right club to fit their needs.
- Invite at least one guest to every meeting when you are either speaking or performing a major role.
- Reach out to a club with 12 or fewer members and lend them a hand to find additional members, have strong, well-prepared, fun meetings that keep people coming back for more. (Make use of the Passport Program!)
- Become a Club Coach!
- Join an Advanced Club that will help you take your next steps in the Toastmasters Program.
- If you're in an Advanced Club, do speeches in community and corporate clubs and personally invite potential members to join. Offer to mentor them!
- Build a new club at work or in your community. Invite members of nearby clubs to help fill roles and provide ed sessions and speeches.
You can make a difference! If each of our clubs gains 5 new members in the upcoming Beat the Clock incentive, not only will we get our low member clubs back and bump up the health of the "dangerously close to low", but with just 3 additional new clubs, we will be a Distinguished District!